Thursday, June 17, 2010

DAY 1 UTAH

ITS HERE!!!!

Start your engines...day 1 is here...my Southwest flight left Buffalo, NY on time and not soon enough. Great flight to Vegas and arrived over 30 minutes early.
I am beginning my Utah Wellness Journey with Anne Marie and after we picked up our bags it was off to the rental car facility. Keys in hand and off we went and it was almost lunch time...so...yes we had to have lunch in Vegas.
Paris for lunch and tryed to eat as heathy as possible...but had to have the cheese plate...and a piece of the baguette. Great summer salad and bottle of Perrier. And I almost forgot...not really...had a cold yellow tomato soup over heirloom tomato & crab meat. My last supper before going to Utah.
Well it was over a 100 degrees and it was time to head to Utah...the drive from Vegas is about 1 1/2 hours along route 15N through Arizona and into Utah and it is the most beautiful drive I have experienced. Anne Marie had to drive the Utah leg because after the last 4 days I think I have only slept about 6hrs total and have driven over a thousand mile and flew over 1500 miles and need I say more...
The most awesome site was the Welcome to Utah sign as we crossed over from Arizona to Utah and on to St George. WOW...I Love this place!!!! even though its over a 100 degrees.
Before heading to Red Mountain Resort for the first four days of our journey...dinner was in order and there is an awesome Mexican restaurant in St George that we had eaten at before so we decided to have dinner there. Salmon tacos on Corn tortillas and a sald was in order and it was delicious....OK OK OK there's the problem... I LOVE TO EAT! Hence Time For A Life Change...
Since I started this journey in January of this year, I have managed to drop almost 40 pounds and have returned to the gym and feel great.
My addiction to food will always be there and the STRESS from everyday life seems to trigger that little thing in my brain that says EAT and hence YO YO weight gain weight loss.
I will work through the barrier that has continued to sabotage my wellness journey and Be Healthy.
The biggest thing that has kept me on track is journalling my food and being honest about everything I put into my body...even the stick of gum that amounted to 5 calories. I have to work my budget and control my calories in and calories out in order to continue my weight loss journey. I use a program called LOSE It on my Itouch whic is very user friendly and easy to keep up with. Combined with my Body Bugg that registers my calorie burn and step count I can get a handle on my Budget and be Successful on my Journey.
It is almost 10 pm here in Ivins, Utah and I have a very busy day planned for tomorrow as I begin this wonderful journey that I have been Blessed to be able to take.
I will keep everyone informed of my progress and also post pictures of my Journey throughout the next 3 1/2 weeks.
Live in the Present and enjoy the gift of everyday and never have any regrets...as we can't change the past and we do not know what the future has in store so Live Everyday to the Fullest!
Till tomorrow...God Bless and Stay tuned for one heck of a journey!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to be on this journey with you. I hope we both find our way back to our paths, wherever they may take us. We deserve this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you both deserve it. I'll see you in 3 days.
    Roll out the red carpet for 3 pm .
    A little sparkly with some baguette an cheese to welcome me would be nice. By the time I get there it'll be 14 hours living on smacks I have to take along since there basically us no airplane food.....

    ReplyDelete