Friday, June 18, 2010

Utah Day 2

Well I made it to day 2 and after almost complete exhaustion from the past week and all the travel made for a tough morning. I had a minor meltdown and set my alrm for the wrong time...must have been the travellimg between three time zones. Alarm went off at 3 am and I thought I was dreaming...still dark and there is no way I am supposed to be up...reset alarm and past out until 7am mountain time.

I woke and was so pumped up to be here I couldn't waut to get moving. First line of duty was breakfast and I must say it was such an awesome feeling to see those beautiful Red Mountains as I walked to Breakfast. Great healthy meal with lots of great choices to get the day started. If I didn't mention it, I am at Red Mountain Resort until Sunday and then to Biggest Loser Ranch at Fitness Ridge.

Today I have a busy ME day planned to kickstart my journey here...started with a Wellness assessment with Brad, one of the trainers here. The Wellness Assessment measures your Actual Age by evaluating your Biaomarkers of Aging...OK I know I lost you...but if you have ever see on the Biggest Loser where the take the contestant and after testing let the know what the Body Age is according to the Biomarkers.

First good news...My heart age was 25 and my overall Actual age score put me at....DRUM ROLL PLEASE...48.2 years which is 6 years younger than I actually am...so Great News and hopefully after the next few weeks those numbers will change for the good!

And YES I made it to the gym and ran on the treadmill for about 15 minutes between appoin tments an then it was off to yes Lunch. Healthy lunch and made great choices...calories are a little out of wack for today, but all the right foods.

Today I also experienced and awesome session with a Shaman Life Coach named Betina Lindsey, who conducted an ancient spiritual reading to help ground me with the earth, nature and stillness of the heart mind and soul. It was an amazing experience and the healing energies of the ancient spirits is very hard to put into words...all I can say is I am focused and ready for my journey.

If you are reading this and saying well now what does that have to do with a health and wight loss journey...it has evrything to do with it. Until you are at peace with yourself and can focus on inner healing and letting go of everything that crates roadblocks to a healthy life...the YO YO will continue.

All in all...today was awesome, I had a helathy day with nutrition, a spiritual life path session, found out I am not as old as the clock says and most of all I Got a Haircut. Yes and it is a new doo and will make the 100 degree days a little cooler. No I didn't shave my head...maybe next time.

I ended my day with an awesome massage, called the Hikers Massage that did a detox of my legs and prepared them for the next three weeks of hiking and workouts.

So as it is almost 11pm here...5am is going to come early...till tomorrow... I will leave you with this from my session from today:
Emergence
When a soul emerges from the tunnels of night....so does peace. In Emergence all suffering is transformed into Peace!

Good Night All

No comments:

Post a Comment