Saturday, June 19, 2010

DAY 3 FAST START IN UTAH


Hard to believe it's day 3 already and there was no better way to get it started than to get up at 5:30 am. After a quick shower it was off to breakfast and I must say it was extremely good. The best part was I didn't even think what am I doing up at 5:30am...finished a very healthy breakfast and got my camelback filled and it was off to meet our hike guides.


After a brief decription of the hike we were in the Resort van and off to our start point. It's already almost 90 and it's not even 7am yet...great day for a hike.


I was ready for a good hike and it was a fun filled hike over some nice cliffs, through some sand and up and down the sandstone. Todays hike was an enjoyable one of about 4 miles and with the terrain and keeping the group together it took about 2 hours. Awesome scenery and I will post some pictures as soon as I download from my camera.


Busy day today and I took in every class...after the hike had a stretch class, then lunch. After a great lunch...did I say the food was good here...only thing is there's alot of fiber...need I say more.


After lunch enjoyed about a half hour swim and then off to Aerobic Circuit Class, which kicked my butt...45 straight minutes of different cardio stations that had me soaking with sweat and ready to run...but instead after 10 minute break the next class was Core Strenghth. After 45 minutes of Cardio and 45 minutes of intense Core Strenghth Training I was ready for a pillow!


I looked outside and the Sun was shining and the temp was over 100 so I decided to take the Chi Ball Stretch Class. Great three classes that were taught by our trainer Robyn and this Chi Class was great...used two new things...sliders for your feet and a Abvantage Abdominal Trainer which was a great assistance with my neck and back problems. I bought one to take home to assist with the continuance of my journey.


Now just so you know the day was not all work and no play...after an awesome dinner which consisted of Elk, veggies, salad and soup...and yes I had a dessert...sorbet-truffle and a lime souffle' sampler it was off to the Texas HoldEm Tourney they had just for fun.


NOW- here is the most exciting news....after a great kick start at Red Mountain Resort tomorrow is the official check in at Fitness Ridge at 3 pm. Need I say I am extremely excited and can't wait to get moving at the Ridge...


Wish me Luck and I will keep you updated and post some pictures as soon as I can download them.


No comments:

Post a Comment